Page 1273 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 27377311731223126312711272127312741275 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,730 of 12816

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

had a bash at East Brighton today,was really impressed with the condition of the course,it was in great nick. the greens were fast and true and the fairways nice and dry . the golf started very poorly as i havent been on the course anywhere for three weeks and i havent even been to the range .so a big fat eight on the first wasnt the most auspicious start,but, with that hole out of the way my game improved and a front nine score of 41 saw me against a par of 34.the back nine saw a 42 returned against a par of 37 giving me a total of 83 which considering my h/cap is 14 is pretty dam good imo.
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

Had a decent friendly round at my course yesterday. Went round in 91, but that was pretty well recovered after I managed 8s on the 2nd and 3rd! Nothing higher than a 6 after that. They had done some work on the greens so they were poor (tiny holes all over them), so my already bad putting went from bad to worse. 38 putts for the round. Lucky my chipping was really on point, as that gave me some 1-putts to balance out the 3-putts. 37 Stableford points though, largely thanks to a good back nine. Left feeling pretty happy with how I played.

As a side note, I nearly witnessed a hole-in-one from my mate. He was having a poor round by his standards, but on one of the par threes he left it 6 inches from the cup. He's never had a hole in one and I've never witnessed one first hand so all of our hearts skipped for a second, as I genuinely thought it was going in, but alas, it didn't.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

played yesterday in the monthly stableford comp and was absolutely shocking and have no idea why.

Got a decent amount of practice in during the week and most parts of my game was in pretty decent shape. Had a good warm up before the round again striking the ball ok and then it all went to pot and have no answer for it.

Snap hooking my driver, push slicing all my irons, duffing pretty much every chip and missing every putt. Ended up getting the to the back 9 and having to tee off with a 6i or 7i and still could't hit a fairway.

It was odd. I wasn't angry or frustrated, it was almost comical.

Just chalking it up to one of those days (I hope !!)
    Westy
    ----------------------------
    Official Handicap - May-09 23, Apr-10 20.2, May-11 13.5, April-12 12.7, Sep-12 11.0 (Oh yes), July-13 11.6, Apr-14 12.5, Oct-15 11-5, Feb-16 11.4, Apr-17-11.7, Jun-17-11.8
    http://www.knebworthgolfclub.com
    and
    http://www.chesfielddownsgolf.co.uk

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Just managed half doz holes Sat and another half doz yesterday. Trying to take a fuller swing than I usually do I find myself hitting the ball like I've never hit it before - high. And with 3, 4 and 5i very much higher than ever before - actually quite uncharted territory for me.

So a simple question - though to be honest I'm not really sure what the question actually is. If I get just over 170yds carry with my 5i and maybe just under 180yds carry with my 4i (no following wind but slightly downhill) - that for me feels really good. The fact that at the same time I am hitting it high - well is that all the better? Just wondering if I am losing distance I might otherwise be getting if I am hitting it too high - but if hitting it high with the distances I am getting is OK - then I'll stick with what I'm doing,

And to be honest - I'm probably going to stick with it as loving hitting it high with 3, 4 and 5i.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 09-Oct-2017 at 16:15.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Never heard of Schweppes used in golf.
    Schweppes lemonade, blade?
    It comes from the old Schweppes advert- (shows my age ) shush as in quiet you know what. The dreaded unmentionables, Hank Marvins

Challenge Tour Pro

Ones of those rounds to day - good at 78 but could have been great had the chipping been a little bit better at the end, 3 dropped shots in last 3 holes and a couple of missed 8 footers. Missed first place by one shot.

Back to 9 again.

We’re through to the semis of the daily mail foursomes after a miraculous fightback in the quarter finals from 5 down with 7 to play. If I wrote it up you wouldn’t believe it! Sport is amazing sometimes!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    We’re through to the semis of the daily mail foursomes after a miraculous fightback in the quarter finals from 5 down with 7 to play. If I wrote it up you wouldn’t believe it! Sport is amazing sometimes!
    Congratulations Karen Good luck in the semi.

you have got to give us a full report Karen.you cant just leave it like that.
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

Brilliant!
    I feel for your opponents though, they must be kicking themselves.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 11.8