Page 1269 of 1283 FirstFirst ... 269769116912191259126712681269127012711279 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,690 of 12821

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    Played at Little Aston yesterday, course amazingly dry given all the rain we have had recently. Was in great condition and the look of the bunkers & some water off the tees and fairway, really made the course. Don't think I have ever seen bunkers like them at making the course look so good. Played with Louise, wife and son, was a very enjoyable round.

I didn't have control of the golf ball at all, thought I had played rubbish until Adam added up our scores, he shot an 81 and I had shot an 82. Adam birdied the par 5, 3rd hole and only visited the hole on the tee and for one putt on the green, whereas I hit a cracking drive, a great wood that just landed in the greenside bunker in two, shot out and 2 putts and I walked off with a bleeding par, not that Adam laughed at me. Wife had a mare, she did manage one par. Louise was unbelievably steady off the tee, was very impressive.

The 'day' itself was brilliant, the welcome as you walked to the clubhouse, the welcome at the registration desk, in the pro shop, walking Joanne around to the changing rooms, us to restaurant area, in the restaurant area, in the bar, on the 1st tee, at the 9th tee, walking the ladies to the ladies toilets on the course, was by far the best I have ever had at any course. Made it feel really special and welcome. Ham, egg and chips was a great end of the day. The funniest bit of the day was on the 1st tee they had a starter with a sound system, like a proper comp and when he said 'On the tee representing Mile End Golf Club, Joanne Williams', just made me crack up and couldn't stop myself doing a loud whoo-aaaahhhh for the wife, went down a treat

Will look to play there again in next year mixed open hopefully, thank you to Little Aston for a very special day.
    It's a very nice course, always immaculate
    Apparently the artisan members are each assigned a number of bunkers each which they take great pride in and keep in perfect condition

Pleased they gave you a warm welcome which is as it should be but they're not exactly renowned for it

Took Fragger to the cleaners again yesterday...all square on the front but I walked it coming home. A steady 33 points in blustery conditions - reasonably happy.
    On a side note, k found a ball in my range bucket the other day and decided to use it on the course..
    I've used this kind of ball before, many moons ago, and it always performed reasonably well.
    Used it all the way round, a bit clucky on chips and putts but it worked...
    Somewhat misnamed - the word Balata is there bit the ball's only been waved in the general direction of that substance - and it was a staple ball back in then day.
    A Topflite Z-Balata.....anyone else remember using them?
    Epic 10°
    Big Bertha 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    Launcher 5h 26°
    Legacy Black V 6-PW
    X 50/12
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball/TT3

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    It's a very nice course, always immaculate
    Apparently the artisan members are each assigned a number of bunkers each which they take great pride in and keep in perfect condition

Pleased they gave you a warm welcome which is as it should be but they're not exactly renowned for it
    Never realised there was an artisans group there, they are doing a grand job . TBH never even heard of artisans or even came across the word until I joined up with this forum and someone was talking about Swinley Artisans iirc.

The bunkers were fantastic, really well looked after, given how much rain we have had, the sand was nice and loose, not compacted at all and almost no bunker had any standing water, must drain very well and as a result were easy to play out of(not that I visited many .
    H'cap 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Took Fragger to the cleaners again yesterday...all square on the front but I walked it coming home. A steady 33 points in blustery conditions - reasonably happy.
    On a side note, k found a ball in my range bucket the other day and decided to use it on the course..
    I've used this kind of ball before, many moons ago, and it always performed reasonably well.
    Used it all the way round, a bit clucky on chips and putts but it worked...
    Somewhat misnamed - the word Balata is there bit the ball's only been waved in the general direction of that substance - and it was a staple ball back in then day.
    A Topflite Z-Balata.....anyone else remember using them?
    Ha , i found an unopened sleeve of them when cleaning out my locker last year. I gave them to Virtuocity to try out, as he'd never played them.
    I don't think he's actually got round to trying them yet, probably doesn't want to loose them
    Last edited by williamalex1; 03-Oct-2017 at 16:05.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Money List Winner

I responded to a plea for a 4th player last night and so ended up playin in a team open at Bury, its was good value £12 and afternoon tea thrown in.
    I played ok but seemed to be hitting all my drive right, which didn't always give me a good way to the greens, I had 2 or 4 up and downs which was good but sadly that was offset by twice thinning chips when short of the green in 2, both resulted in 7s. I am tryin to use my Vokey wedges more and its great when I hit the ball correctly but embarrassing when I don't, anything more thank a 50% swing and I tend to thin it. Somethin to work on during the winter.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Played West Byfleet in a society today. Really, a great course that's well maintained with a friendly club house. Despite holding nothing all day managed 35pts and a runner up spot.
    Handicap: 12

Quote Originally Posted by HampshireHog View Post
    Played West Byfleet in a society today. Really, a great course that's well maintained with a friendly club house. Despite holding nothing all day managed 35pts and a runner up spot.
    Well done. What won it?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Well done. What won it?
    38 I think. Although it's not the longest course overall there are few par fours that are real monsters especially with the wind against.
    Handicap: 12

38 I think. Although it's not the longest course overall there are few par fours that are real monsters especially with the wind against.
    Close. Unlucky. Shame the putter was cold.

I bet the 10th played massively long today in that wind! Glad you enjoyed it, should be in same condition all winter now with any luck.