Page 1262 of 1322 FirstFirst ... 2627621162121212521260126112621263126412721312 ... LastLast
Results 12,611 to 12,620 of 13218
    Tour Winner

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    Congratulations.
    Cheers Darren
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

Wink Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

My first game back after injuring my back and I'm delighted with a net 71 ,including a birdie, a triple and a some silly double bogeys.
    From the back tees and heavy going the estimated CSS is 71, so fingers crossed maybe a small cut .
    But happily no back pain
    Last edited by williamalex1; 26-Sep-2017 at 17:27.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    My first game back after injuring my back and I'm delighted with a net 71 ,including a birdie, a triple and a some silly double bogeys.
    From the back tees and heavy going the estimated CSS is 71, so fingers crossed maybe a small cut .
    But happily no back pain
    Great effort first time back. Shame about the triple and doubles but plenty to be positive about

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Great effort first time back. Shame about the triple and doubles but plenty to be positive about
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Played Crewe yesterday against Cheshire, only pair to win in afternoon having halved in the morning being dormy 2 down, good course.

Then played Royal St Davids today and will never have it more at your mercy as dead flat calm and all bunkers GUR, disappointed to only score 36 points with a lost ball. Did pick up bottle of Famous Grouse for NP to ease the pain
    Handicap : 5.2

Squeezed through today in the 4th rnd of local Titleist MatchPlay so on to the Northern Final at Sandmoor on 10th Oct winners go to Val de Lobo ... courses round here are very wet at the mo but would love to play there again. Have done nowt all year so maybe deserve summ'it. Hav'in a look at Sandmoor next week so am giv'in it a go.... get in there!!!
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    Squeezed through today in the 4th rnd of local Titleist MatchPlay so on to the Northern Final at Sandmoor on 10th Oct winners go to Val de Lobo ... courses round here are very wet at the mo but would love to play there again. Have done nowt all year so maybe deserve summ'it. Hav'in a look at Sandmoor next week so am giv'in it a go.... get in there!!!

I'll see you there Davie

I played there a couple of weeks ago in a pairs open with larrymac and I'm glad I did tbh, there's a few blind shots etc.

We were playing well until the heavens opened on the 12th and we got caught in the rain totally soaked through. We had a good score going until the par 3 14 then the wheels fell off. Ended up with 39pts.

4 days golfing on the spin for me to (in my head) finish the season off whilst the weather is still semi decent.  

Saturday was a medal at Lymm in which I shot a pants 82. Two trebles and a double saw all my shots disappear over the course of 3 holes, but despite 0.1, the rest was pretty tidy. Then onto Bolton Old Links on Sunday morning. It was the day after their 36 hole trophy (Lancs order of Merit event) and the course was in superb condition. Again chomped up a few holes and the greens there always rip me a new one..... but we both played pretty steady and I lost a good match to Qwerty on the last.  

Monday I finally made use of a Cheshire Card and played Sandiway with NWJ ..... I thought my deal was good but he get's it for £20 notes on a reciprocal......At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people. Sandiway was superb. It's one of my favourites in the area and surprisingly it was pretty empty. We both played some great golf off the tips and his birdie birdie finish took the spoils with 36 points to my 32.  

Finally, was up at the crack of dawn for a full English before playing Mere yesterday. I've played the course a few times now and was a bit sceptical of going given it had become more of a hotel resort type place. I needn't have been as it was in fantastic condition and despite a fairly slow round with a bunch of 4 balls infront, we enjoyed a great day. Luckily there was a huge gap behind us so we were never pushed and ended up chipping and putting whilst waiting to tee off on a few holes. I managed my best round of the 4 days with 4 over gross, again off the back tee's too, but, weirdly, I was a little disappointed as I had 14 pars and 4 bogeys and missed 3 or 4 good birdie chances. Still, nice to stripe it and take the spoils of the best 5 handicap in Lytham.  

So, a great 4 days in short sleeves and that's my season pretty much done now.....8.2 down to 6.6, then upto 6.8 is a pretty good one, and of course the big 'W' at the Sunningdale trip was a highlight !!!! Although that one really low competition round has still alluded me. Roll on 2018.
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I'll see you there Davie

I played there a couple of weeks ago in a pairs open with larrymac and I'm glad I did tbh, there's a few blind shots etc.

We were playing well until the heavens opened on the 12th and we got caught in the rain totally soaked through. We had a good score going until the par 3 14 then the wheels fell off. Ended up with 39pts.
    Aye... loads of blind shots Stu from first to last. I'm getting a guesting there next week to sample the course conditions as i've only ever played it in Summer..... & I know our place is playing very differently, Summer to Autumn.
    Giving it my best shot & only hope that I'm a lot better than I was at Woodhall Spa in the Bridgestone Final.
    Anyway Stu, the Sandmoor Carvery is legendary so If your game's at bit off, there's still something to look forward to. Just hope I'm in there before you
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Money List Winner

Annual trip over the Pennines to Meltham today for a 4BBB, I really had an up and down round some great golf but interspersed with rubbish, a good number of pars plus 2 birdies, should have been 3 but missed from 3 feet.

We did come 3rd and I had a 2 for which I got 4 ProV1s.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php