Page 1261 of 1284 FirstFirst ... 261761116112111251125912601261126212631271 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,610 of 12840

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Welcome along. Why do you only play a few times a year? I think with some regular golf you'd easily break 100 regularly
    Thanks, it's just motivation really. I have a habit of thinking that I won't play well so why would it be worth it but when I get out on the course I generally enjoy it. When I saw a coach he seemed to think I could be a good player so I want to fulfil my potential.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgreenfied85 View Post
    Thanks, it's just motivation really. I have a habit of thinking that I won't play well so why would it be worth it but when I get out on the course I generally enjoy it. When I saw a coach he seemed to think I could be a good player so I want to fulfil my potential.
    Is there somewhere locally you could join? Do you still work or would five day membership work? I think if you got a couple of lessons to iron out the main faults, got into a club (or society that plays regularly) you'd get the bug and be off and flying

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Is there somewhere locally you could join? Do you still work or would five day membership work? I think if you got a couple of lessons to iron out the main faults, got into a club (or society that plays regularly) you'd get the bug and be off and flying
    The most local club is called Gaudet Luce. It is a lovely course which is on the short side at around 6,000 yards but it is challenging. 5 day membership is around 400 to 500 so that is out of my price range at the moment. They have utopian membership though which is where you can buy a certain amount of points for a 100 and you get full member benefits.

The other course I could afford to join is Ravenmeadow. That is around 5,300 yards off the yelow tees. It is not as good a golf course. It is however cheap for membership, at just 30 for a month for five day membership.

(Posted this the other day but it seems to have disappeared, weird..)

Went for a round at Haste Hill with two pals on Sunday afternoon. Could have entered the Stableford but I was knackered from two games of football so elected to have a leisurely round off the yellows where I wasn't worried about points-scoring.

Ended up getting my new best ever round of 85! Three shots better than my previous best. I was almost gutted I didn't enter the Stableford, but then off the whites it could have been a very different round. Seven pars in total, but more crucially I think, there was only one triple bogey. Everything just came together nicely, driver was really good, irons solid, chipping was very good, putting was decent - missed a couple I should have holed but generally not as bad as usual, ha. Only one three-putt anyway. So yeah, I'm delighted, still buzzing at the moment.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Medal Winner

Managed to get out yesterday for the first time since June! A grand total of 6 points scored on the front 9 while I remembered how to swing a stick, but came back in with 17 points.

Delighted with the back 9, given 2 1/2 months away from a course and feel i left a good 10 shots out on the course with both shot and club selection errors. I was consistently 1 club short going into greens which is annoyingly rectifiable! Back on on Thursday, on a course I know better than yesterday's, so hoping for a much better score!
    Benross RIP Speed 10 Driver, Max Speed 2 fairway - 18, Hot Speed 2 Hybrids - 22 & 25, Max Speed 2 irons. Taylormade Raylor Ghost putter.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    Finals day today and my partner and I were defending the ladies Foursomes title. We did it
    Congratulations.
    H'cap 9.1

Gross 73 at The Oxfordshire yesterday. Annoying as i started off with a double, because the range wasn't open so i couldn't properly warm up.
    • Gog Magog Golf Club Member
    • Woodford Golf Club Member
    • TaylorMade M1 Driver, 9 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 3 Wood, 14 stiff
    • TaylorMade M1 5 Wood, 19 stiff
    • Mizuno MP59 4-PW, Project X 6.0
    • Vokey SM5 wedges (52, 55, 60)
    • TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    • Titleist Pro V1 ball

Money List Winner

Was bloody Rammel.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgreenfied85 View Post
    The most local club is called Gaudet Luce. It is a lovely course which is on the short side at around 6,000 yards but it is challenging. 5 day membership is around 400 to 500 so that is out of my price range at the moment. They have utopian membership though which is where you can buy a certain amount of points for a 100 and you get full member rights.
    Gaudet Luce is pretty nice mate, some gentle holes and some tougher ones (off whites that is)

Points system sounds good mate to get you started 👍👍

Played 18 holes today. Nice weather. Saw a few squirrels. Enjoyed my sandwiches. Went home.
    Ping SF Tech Driver 10.5 deg
    Ping i 3 Wood 14.5 deg
    Ping i Hybrid 19 deg
    Ping i Irons (4-PW)
    Ping Glide Wedge 50 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 54 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 60 deg
    Ping Scottsdale Anser2 Putter
    Balls: ProV1X (or Srixon AD333 over water).
    Handicap 8.1