Page 1218 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 2187181118116812081216121712181219122012281268 ... LastLast
Results 12,171 to 12,180 of 12813
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    A super day at our invitation Texas Scramble , highlight no 1 was Virtuocity's gap wedge from 120 yrds at the 2nd, holed for an Eagle 2, well done big man
    Highlight no 2 , was my other big mate's tee shot [ Rab Arthur , Bathgate ] at the 8th where we won nearest the pin and a Doz Pro V1s
    We also had nearest the pin at the 5th i think, but could only win one prize
    After a nice comfy 32 out, we tired a bit after hitting the bar we came back in 36, net 62.1.
    Winners had 54 point something
    Sounds you had a very enjoyable knock with the guys. Congrats to Virtuocity on the eagle. Remind me - is your second the one with the bunker in the middle of the fairway?
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Sounds you had a very enjoyable knock with the guys. Congrats to Virtuocity on the eagle. Remind me - is your second the one with the bunker in the middle of the fairway?
    The 2nd hole has 6 bunkers in total, 3 on the right hand side of the fairway about a 210 /230 and 300 yrds from the tee that catches some of the big guys . Also has greenside and back bunkers. and a pond on the left.
    Last edited by williamalex1; 12-Aug-2017 at 22:42.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Played in a 4BBB medal today.
    Contributed just one hole score to our card!

Yep! Shocking day out on the course. Much practice needed, back to basics for me.

Club Champion

Played yesterday in tough conditions, wind all round and rain on and off. Shot a 79 gross 2over handicap) and came 3rd. Cut 0.1 to 5.2. I could so easily have been better if the putter had worked.

Can not roll crucial putts in

My scrambling really let me down today, think I finished 2nd in big club comp by a stroke, really disappointing
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

Tour Rookie

Stableford yesterday 10pts after nine holes.
    16 on the back 9.
    every part of my game was off can't put my finger on why.
    Just a bad day at the office.

Gross 73, nett 67 may see me in the top 5 mix today on a major tropy (medal).

A 3 putt start for bogey and a carved drive on 18 also seen me get a bogey, but some good steady stuff in between.

Played today after a week's holiday, couldn't get a feel for my swing until the 9th where we had a long wait on the tee and plenty of practice swings later I started to hit it a bit better, scored 85 net 73 (SSS = 71), might or might not get my first buffer of the year, there were a quite a few good scores.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 11.8

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Stableford yesterday 10pts after nine holes.
    16 on the back 9.
    every part of my game was off can't put my finger on why.
    Just a bad day at the office.
    It happens. Move on. You know you've got the game. As long as the slump doesn't roll onto two or more rounds just carry on

I played every day last week and....

Saturday - Captains day at my place. Didn't hit the ball great but managed to score ok. 35pts for Buffer

Sunday - Practice rounds on the Eden and New at St. Andrews. Hit the ball crap, no idea what I scored but just trying to get a feel for the courses.

Monday - First round of the Eden tournament, on the New. Slightly south of mediocre ball striking but scrambled like I don't know what for a 74 and a 0.2 cut. Weather was kind apart from a fairly heavy downpour a couple of holes from home that was obviously to blame for me having 75yds in for my second on a par 3 after hitting my tee shot pin high

Tuesday - Lying in the 30's (position) after round 1, on an easier course and next to no wind, I should have had a decent chance of qualifying (top 64). Chomped it round in 79 (+9) and can't remember any part of my game that was passable. 6 penalty stokes (1 lost ball and 2 OOB) didn't help. +0.1

Wednesday - after not qualifying for either scratch or nett matchplays this was a free day, and we took advantage of St Andrews offer to Eden competitors of playing the Castle course for £40 (normal green fee £120).
    Neither of us were particularly bothered about score but I had 27 and LQ pipped me by a point. Of all the St Andrews courses we played this was far and away the nicest to look at. Every hole seemed to have big elevation changes with lots of mounding, and some of the views were spectacular. The only let down was that the greens appeared very shabby, but they ran quick enough.

Thursday - Consolation stableford on the Jubilee course. Hit it great on the first 2 holes then I forgot how to play. Lad off 8 with his dad caddying cleared off after 6 holes because he wasn't having a good day (was doing better than me!).
    Lowlight was having to search the rough for my driver head near the end of the front 9. 10 points out then 16 back into the (pretty strong) wind with no driver. Go figure. +0.1

Friday - Another consolation comp, this time a medal on the Strathtyrum course. It's a pretty short 5600yd par 69, but the wind was howling. Another bad day for me and I finished with 78 for another 0.1 back.

Saturday - Kindly hosted by IanG, we played North Berwick on the way home. What a lovely (if not a little quirky in a couple of places) golf course. Great views out over the water especially on the back 9 and some very tricky holes. A course I imagine you'd never tire of.
    Unfortunately for Ian I saved my worst golf of the week for this game and we got beat by the bickering married couple from Lincolnshire, although Cat1 had to hole a 5' putt for birdie for the half and take the match 1up.

The Eden comp is ridiculously good value for money and although I didn't play well I thoroughly enjoyed the week, and NB on the way home was the icing on the cake - thanks again Ian