Page 1217 of 1284 FirstFirst ... 2177171117116712071215121612171218121912271267 ... LastLast
Results 12,161 to 12,170 of 12831

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Struggling to put a front and back 9 together

21 points front 9 weds and 14 back 9

Then 14 front 9 today and 22 back 9

That is from 13 handicap, so a 38 and 39 of my club handicap.

Game feeling good, playing again tomorrow then 2 weeks off
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

Quote Originally Posted by PNWokingham View Post
    Heavy night yesterday!! Parred the first - last par of the day!! 23 points, my sixth 0.1 in a row, lost "20 (all the bets) and 7 high-quality balls!!!!
    And you say I need my handicap adjusting!!!
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

Twelve of us played in teams of 4. Two to count on 1-6, three to count 7-12 and all four on 13-18. We call it a Dubai at ours.

We came last and I had an extremely annoying day. Couldn't have hit a cow's backside with a banjo until the turn and then played well. My inconsistency has returned with a vengeance with far too much dross mixed in with some pretty fine stuff too.

I had fancied myself for a 2 shot cut this season and after an early .9 I've given .4 back again.
    I used to have a signature until it became unfashionable.

So poor today. Had high hopes for the monthly medal as I've been playing well lately, but golf decided it was going to teach me a lesson. Wish I knew what that lesson was... 54 out in an appalling front nine, 48 back in a marginally improved back nine. First time I've gone over 100 since June. Net 79, very poor indeed. Don't know what I did wrong specifically, just everything that could have gone wrong did so. Shot selection was all wrong on several occasions.

Club match, better ball away to Tylney Park. Lost on the 18th one down. Was two down with seven to go and one up with two to go. Hit a stone cold shank on the last from the middle of the fairway. So annoyed. To be honest my partner and I didn't gel and we never played any hole as a pair. Always one or the other in trouble. Greens were shocking. So slow and bobbly. Shame as the rest of the course was in great condition

Head Pro

First of two days medal rounds today and my first club champs at my new club, after a start of 7 6 7 things improved slightly and finished on 90
    All to play for tomorrow and starting in the last group
    2nd round is on the lakes so don't hold out too much hope ....... Average ball loss on this course is about 3

I did nip off to collect an eBay purchased 7 wood yesterday ....... And it's a cracker 😬
    In golf as in life it's the follow through that counts ........

http://www.beltonwoodsgolfclub.co.uk
    14.9 > 13.1> 12.8>12.9>13 >16.1>15.8>15.9

Quote Originally Posted by teegirl View Post
    First of two days medal rounds today and my first club champs at my new club, after a start of 7 6 7 things improved slightly and finished on 90
    All to play for tomorrow and starting in the last group
    2nd round is on the lakes so don't hold out too much hope ....... Average ball loss on this course is about 3

I did nip off to collect an eBay purchased 7 wood yesterday ....... And it's a cracker 😬
    Positive thoughts. Get a better start tomorrow and anything can happen

A super day at our invitation Texas Scramble , highlight no 1 was Virtuocity's gap wedge from 120 yrds at the 2nd, holed for an Eagle 2, well done big man
    Highlight no 2 , was my other big mate's tee shot [ Rab Arthur , Bathgate ] at the 8th where we won nearest the pin and a Doz Pro V1s
    We also had nearest the pin at the 5th i think, but could only win one prize
    After a nice comfy 32 out, we tired a bit after hitting the bar we came back in 36, net 62.1.
    Winners had 54 point something
    Last edited by williamalex1; 12-Aug-2017 at 21:24.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Oh do tell!!

I started double bogey, double bogey and finished double bogey, bogey. Somehow, courtesy of some fantastic play mid-round, I finished net par playing off 7.
    And only went and finished 2nd!!

Chuffed
    Give it big humpties

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

went out by myself at 3pm. Course very quiet - no one in front or behind. Beautiful afternoon and coursed in cracking condition.. Hit two balls - had fun. Golf good. Sunday medal tomorrow.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done