Page 1404 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 404904130413541394140214031404140514061414 ... LastLast
Results 14,031 to 14,040 of 14172
    Q-School Graduate

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Our place closed again today, so went up to the local range. Packed out by 10am, 28 bays, and loads of folk waiting to get on. The range itself was in a right state, very muddy and wet, but it was good to get a bit of a hit. Hoping to get a game tomorrow, but not over-confident!

Closed today. To be expected and it's been verging on being unplayable since Easter and the heavy rain we had Sunday and Monday tipped it over. Hoping it opens for the weekend

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Closed today. To be expected and it's been verging on being unplayable since Easter and the heavy rain we had Sunday and Monday tipped it over. Hoping it opens for the weekend
    You’ve posted in the wrong thread Homer!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    You’ve posted in the wrong thread Homer!
    Was replying to rudebhoy.

Got out for a round before work this evening, the course if finally drying up a little, looking forward to actually getting a little roll on some drives!

Managed an 84 for 40 points with 3 really shots costing me! Around this time last year i said i'd be gutted if i didnt get lower than 18 so its time for Deja vu! 14 is the target, 16 the minimum or ill pop another 20 in the H4H pot!
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Well I'm playing later this afternoon against Steve Ogrizovic in a board comp match play knockout competition.

We've only 16 holes open so we'll discuss whether we play it over 16 or go down the 1st & 2nd again, which will give me another shot that otherwise I'll lose.

We can by all accounts also 'pick, clean & place through the green' as that is the course condition currently so any off target shots won't be overly penalized.

I'll need to use my shots well to overcome him, but if I can, he'll be my biggest (most famous) scalp

Played this afternoon and played as well as I have for at least three months, still not great though!
    Scored 30pts on a very swampy course, but the greens were very good, all things considered.
    Only duffed about four chips ..................... things are looking up!
    Oh, I played with a green Volvik ball, until I lost it on 18th, and was very impressed.
    They really are very visible, even in thick rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    Played this afternoon and played as well as I have for at least three months, still not great though!
    Scored 30pts on a very swampy course, but the greens were very good, all things considered.
    Only duffed about four chips ..................... things are looking up!
    Oh, I played with a green Volvik ball, until I lost it on 18th, and was very impressed.
    They really are very visible, even in thick rough.
    Where were you playing? The green Volvik does stand out but the performance was lacking for me. I have a couple of green ones left so may give them one last hurrah at the weekend or one evening next week. What was the issue with the chips. My course has a lot of bare, muddy lies, which are also wet and very hard especially for the shorter ones that didn't need much hitting

I played at Northamptonshire County GC this morning. Arrived at 8am in yet more rain and we were stunned to see the fairway sprinklers operating in full force on the 1st and 18th fairways.

To be fair though, the fairways were in fantastic condition. Relatively firm and lush with excellent grass growth.

Greens and bunkers were also in lovely condition. Very enjoyable, despite the mist and the cold.
    Member at Leighton Buzzard GC and Burnham & Berrow GC. Handicap : 5

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Well I'm playing later this afternoon against Steve Ogrizovic in a board comp match play knockout competition.

We've only 16 holes open so we'll discuss whether we play it over 16 or go down the 1st & 2nd again, which will give me another shot that otherwise I'll lose.

We can by all accounts also 'pick, clean & place through the green' as that is the course condition currently so any off target shots won't be overly penalized.

I'll need to use my shots well to overcome him, but if I can, he'll be my biggest (most famous) scalp
    Thats quality, bit of a legend he is.

How did you get on?