Page 1404 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 404904130413541394140214031404140514061414 ... LastLast
Results 14,031 to 14,040 of 14172
  1. #14031
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    whitley bay
    Posts
    781

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Our place closed again today, so went up to the local range. Packed out by 10am, 28 bays, and loads of folk waiting to get on. The range itself was in a right state, very muddy and wet, but it was good to get a bit of a hit. Hoping to get a game tomorrow, but not over-confident!

  2. #14032
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Closed today. To be expected and it's been verging on being unplayable since Easter and the heavy rain we had Sunday and Monday tipped it over. Hoping it opens for the weekend

  3. #14033
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    412

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Closed today. To be expected and it's been verging on being unplayable since Easter and the heavy rain we had Sunday and Monday tipped it over. Hoping it opens for the weekend
    You’ve posted in the wrong thread Homer!

  4. #14034
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    You’ve posted in the wrong thread Homer!
    Was replying to rudebhoy.

  5. #14035
    Money List Winner Papas1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Got out for a round before work this evening, the course if finally drying up a little, looking forward to actually getting a little roll on some drives!

    Managed an 84 for 40 points with 3 really shots costing me! Around this time last year i said i'd be gutted if i didnt get lower than 18 so its time for Deja vu! 14 is the target, 16 the minimum or ill pop another 20 in the H4H pot!
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

  6. #14036
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    19,975

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Well I'm playing later this afternoon against Steve Ogrizovic in a board comp match play knockout competition.

    We've only 16 holes open so we'll discuss whether we play it over 16 or go down the 1st & 2nd again, which will give me another shot that otherwise I'll lose.

    We can by all accounts also 'pick, clean & place through the green' as that is the course condition currently so any off target shots won't be overly penalized.

    I'll need to use my shots well to overcome him, but if I can, he'll be my biggest (most famous) scalp

  7. #14037
    Money List Winner Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    8,264

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Played this afternoon and played as well as I have for at least three months, still not great though!
    Scored 30pts on a very swampy course, but the greens were very good, all things considered.
    Only duffed about four chips ..................... things are looking up!
    Oh, I played with a green Volvik ball, until I lost it on 18th, and was very impressed.
    They really are very visible, even in thick rough.

  8. #14038
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    Played this afternoon and played as well as I have for at least three months, still not great though!
    Scored 30pts on a very swampy course, but the greens were very good, all things considered.
    Only duffed about four chips ..................... things are looking up!
    Oh, I played with a green Volvik ball, until I lost it on 18th, and was very impressed.
    They really are very visible, even in thick rough.
    Where were you playing? The green Volvik does stand out but the performance was lacking for me. I have a couple of green ones left so may give them one last hurrah at the weekend or one evening next week. What was the issue with the chips. My course has a lot of bare, muddy lies, which are also wet and very hard especially for the shorter ones that didn't need much hitting

  9. #14039

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    I played at Northamptonshire County GC this morning. Arrived at 8am in yet more rain and we were stunned to see the fairway sprinklers operating in full force on the 1st and 18th fairways.

    To be fair though, the fairways were in fantastic condition. Relatively firm and lush with excellent grass growth.

    Greens and bunkers were also in lovely condition. Very enjoyable, despite the mist and the cold.
    Member at Leighton Buzzard GC and Burnham & Berrow GC. Handicap : 5

  10. #14040
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    oxford
    Posts
    772

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Well I'm playing later this afternoon against Steve Ogrizovic in a board comp match play knockout competition.

    We've only 16 holes open so we'll discuss whether we play it over 16 or go down the 1st & 2nd again, which will give me another shot that otherwise I'll lose.

    We can by all accounts also 'pick, clean & place through the green' as that is the course condition currently so any off target shots won't be overly penalized.

    I'll need to use my shots well to overcome him, but if I can, he'll be my biggest (most famous) scalp
    Thats quality, bit of a legend he is.

    How did you get on?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sunday Trading: Deals On Under Armour, Training Aids, Accessories And More!

Check out these great deals we've found this week...

April 22, 2018

WATCH: Tiger Woods Clinic

The 14-time major winner gave a clinic at his new course and he was on form!

April 20, 2018

Charley Hull’s Unexpected Club Change For LA Open

England's Charley Hull struggled to adapt to her new equipment in the LA Open after British Airways lost her clubs.

April 20, 2018

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018