Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Films

Films

Any recommendations?

Seen American Sniper and Foxcatcher recently. Wouldn't recommend the later but the former was very good.

Any good recent films from the past 12 months that people would recommend on blu-ray or cinema?

Re: Films

Kingsman TSS

Not brand new but 'the equaliser' and 'walk among the tombstones' are two that I have watched recently. Enjoyed both.
    TM M2 10.5
    SLDR 14 degree mini
    Ping G25 17 and 23 degree hybrids
    Mizuno MP5's 5-PW
    Vokey SM6 48, 54, 60
    TM Maranello Tour Black

Handicap
    2014- 12>9.3
    2015- 9.3>6.2
    2016- 6.2>5.7
    2017- 5.7>5.2

Agree about Foxcatcher, was very underwhelmed.

Watched Untouchable recently which was excellent, interesting and really funny. Also enjoyed A million ways to die in the West, The Raid 2 and Trance.
    Taylormade M2
    Taylormade SLDR mini driver 14*
    Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 19 & 22* hybrids
    Titleist AP1 712 4-PW
    Titleist SM5 50* & 56*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.7
    Handicap 2017: 14.6 - 10.8

Money List Winner

Another underwhelmed for Foxcatcher. Interesting story but dragged on.

The Theory of Everything was absolutely brilliant, if Eddie Redmayne doesn't get the best actor Oscar it's a travesty.

Unbroken was good but not outstanding for me as a film, but the story behind it was brilliant.

Selma is extremely powerful and a brilliant film; caught it on Screen Unseen.

Paddington is very entertaining, especially with a bunch of giggling kids in the audience.

Whiplash is very good & thought provoking.

Enjoyed The Equaliser, thought A Walk Among the Tombstones was okay but not brilliant, preferred Liam Neeson in Non Stop. Taken 3 is the same formulaic stuff, escapist entertainment but thoroughly unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by ventura View Post
    Agree about Foxcatcher, was very underwhelmed.

Watched Untouchable recently which was excellent, interesting and really funny. Also enjoyed A million ways to die in the West, The Raid 2 and Trance.
    Mentioned this on another thread sometime ago, was annoyed I hadn't seen it sooner than I did. A wonderful film and is highly recommended.

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    Another underwhelmed for Foxcatcher. Interesting story but dragged on.

The Theory of Everything was absolutely brilliant, if Eddie Redmayne doesn't get the best actor Oscar it's a travesty.

Unbroken was good but not outstanding for me as a film, but the story behind it was brilliant.

Selma is extremely powerful and a brilliant film; caught it on Screen Unseen.

Paddington is very entertaining, especially with a bunch of giggling kids in the audience.

Whiplash is very good & thought provoking.

Enjoyed The Equaliser, thought A Walk Among the Tombstones was okay but not brilliant, preferred Liam Neeson in Non Stop. Taken 3 is the same formulaic stuff, escapist entertainment but thoroughly unbelievable.
    Do you have the radar senses of a bat? You clearly spend most of your life in the dark!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Do you have the radar senses of a bat? You clearly spend most of your life in the dark!
    You've seen me; the more time I spend in the dark, the better for everybody!

I don't go to the cinema much (if at all), but on blu ray, Lucy was rubbish, a walk among the tomb stones was disappointing, divergence was junk, but I quite liked sin city a dame to kill for. The critics murdered it, but I thought it was ok.

In general, if I buy it on DVDs, it turns out ok. If I splash out on a blu ray, it's junk. I guess I'm Betamax guy.
    Callaway GBB Epic
    Titleist 913fd 13.5 and 913F 17
    Tourstage X blades 2, 3 to Pw
    Crews T301 50 and 56.
    Never compromise gambler flush

Ryder Cup Winner

My Mrs wanted to watch Testament of Youth and I was not too fussed.
    Glad I went, very realistic recollection of the WW1 with a good cast.