Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1208

Thread: Films

Re: Films

Well despicable me 3 was excellent. None of this high brow film rubbish going on in our house!

Also watched Young Offenders on netflix last night, excellent and very funny!! (watch if you like Twin Town)
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Just re-watched the first Xmen. Funny watching it again and seeing the difference between that and the rest of them. Wolverine ends up in two comas which isn't consistent with the follow on films.

And recently watched Logan which had a massive inconsistency with X-men Origins; Wolverine. All to do with an adamantium bullet. In Origins it would apparently only wipe his memory as he heals, in Logan it would kill him...
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

Think everyone is trying to forget that Origins existed, especially with what they did to deadpool

SPOILER ALERT Dunkirk

Saw Dunkirk last night at standard cinema, might be the first who didn't absolutely love it, I enjoyed it but the dogfighting wasn't shot that well imo, the ditching footage was good. Expected more of an epic but got a fairly grim series of personal roles in a modern directorial style. The story of the kid who came along on the small boat to help but got walloped by the shell shocked survivor was odd.
    Didn't really understand that the German army didn't advance because we were told the Luftwaffe could finish it, yet all we saw were a few stukas at the beach anyway that generally carry one bomb which was useful for hitting boats and jetties but not targeting masses of soldiers particularly. It was good that there wasn't some needless romantic tale thrown in though. They could/should have had one of the mini stories coming from the German side advancing on Dunkirk for balance and explain their position a bit more. They said they got 30,000 off the beach but there were still 300,000 to go, it's like the Germans let them leave in advance of a full blown attack on the UK but that wasn't conveyed in the film. You need to know the full history of the event before watching the film I think, not just common knowledge that little boats rescued soldiers. Film too short as well.

Head Pro

Guardians of the galaxy 2, didn't disappoint

Hacksaw Ridge... Top film...

Should've watched it in old duffer vision though...
    As in 4K, it didn't feel the super sharp/clean image suited the subject...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Double bill tonight...

The Fits, very interesting, worth a watch and I'd like to know your theories on it.

Second up...

Life, Animated, blimey, blew us all away, I knew it was gonna be good but it far exceeded our expectations.
    I dare anyone to watch this and not shed a tear or two, utterly astounding story, an absolute masterpiece of film making.
    The saying is bandied around a lot but this is a must watch film, one of those which will live with you for a long time.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Straight Outta Compton. Film about rap group NWA, featuring the starting careers of Dr Dre and Ice Cube. Really good biopic.
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Logan. Not bad.

Terminator + Madmax = Logan.
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

The Hitman's Bodyguard. Disappointing. Should have been a funny buddy movie but it looked like too many improvised scenes, not enough script reviews. Too much swearing, no really, lots of violence. There is some good humour in there and it could have been a good film but it isn't. Salma Hayek, hubba hubba. What a woman.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter