Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Golf Podcasts

Re: Golf Podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Garush34 View Post
    +1 just listened to the Bones episode, great listen and some great stories in there.
    Crazy the story about the rules official from the R&A trying to tell them to speed up in the final round of the open.

Tour Rookie

A quick heads up.

I'm not a big fan of Alan Shipnuck (sp), but on the golf.com podcast feed he has has an interview with Phil Mickelson which is pretty decent. Some great stories and insights into his life on tour. I think it's dated about 24th Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by pendodave View Post
    A quick heads up.

I'm not a big fan of Alan Shipnuck (sp), but on the golf.com podcast feed he has has an interview with Phil Mickelson which is pretty decent. Some great stories and insights into his life on tour. I think it's dated about 24th Jan.
    I've just discovered the golf.com podcast too and thought the Mickelson interview was very good. Love the story about one of Bones vetoes.
    When I find a new podcast I listen to all the old ones as well. Harrington was pretty good too.

I've also just found a Feherty one but not listened to any of those yet.

Head Pro

Yep I only found this last week as well. The Cash Game stories had me in stitches especially about Jimmy Walker owing him money and Keegan Bradley being the typical nut-case I always thought he was.

Q-School Graduate

Not usually a big fan of Podcasts but Episode 105 from @NoLayingUp with the @ClubProGuy had me crying, one of the funniest things I've heard in a long while 😂😂

http://nolayingup.com/category/podcasts/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...%2F%3Fp%3D8313

Tour Rookie

Nlu also did one recently on golf in Korea. It was a real eye opener - quite the James bond experience.

What with the pods listed here, YouTube and the forums, golf media has changed a LOT over the last 5 years.

The more I hear about golf abroad, the luckier I feel playing in the British isles.

Tour Rookie

I know it's been referenced somewhere else, but I have been listening to the 'On the mark' podcast recently.

The most recent one (with a US coach called Jeff Smith) was particularly interesting (to me,anyway). Discussion of ball striking and bio mechanics.

There are loads of other good ones in the back catalogue. Mark Imelman has a habit of getting a bit excited when the interviewee mentions one of his favourite topics, but he's decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pendodave View Post
    I know it's been referenced somewhere else, but I have been listening to the 'On the mark' podcast recently.

The most recent one (with a US coach called Jeff Smith) was particularly interesting (to me,anyway). Discussion of ball striking and bio mechanics.

There are loads of other good ones in the back catalogue. Mark Imelman has a habit of getting a bit excited when the interviewee mentions one of his favourite topics, but he's decent enough.
    I've fallen behind on my podcast listening recently and need to listen to the Jeff Smith one. I follow him on twitter and Instagram and he always has a lot of information to share.

I agree with your comments about Mark, he does get really excited to the point of always interrupting points but in a way its good because he gets more out of the discussion.
    In the Bag:

Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade TP 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    Odyssey White Ice 7

Handicap - 18.1

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

I listen to a few as others have said

On the Mark - good but you will end up likeing Bridgestone Golf balls
    No Laying Up
    The Cut - BBC

Funnily enough I much prefer to listen in the car whilst driving rather than anywhere else

Head Pro

I started listening to the Golflandia podcast earlier this year - Matthew Wiley - @wiley77 - is a class presenter and it covers each weekly PGA Tour and European Tour event + discussions about general life. https://www.podcastone.com/Golflandia