Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Podcasts

Head Pro

Golf Podcasts

Starting a new weekly commute this week. Can any of you guys recommend some decent golf podcasts? Anything to do with the game, be it new equipment, or the professional game would be great.

Re: Golf Podcasts

ByTheMin with Lawrence Donegan and John Huggan

State of the Game with Geoff Shackelford and Mike Clayton
    All comments are just my opinion - I haven't been elected to represent anyone!

In the bag:
    Callaway Epic 10.5, HZRDUS Black 6.0
    Callaway Epic SZ 15, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Callaway Epic 3 hybrid, Recoil S
    Callaway Apex CF16, 4-P, Modus 105 S
    Vokey 50, 56, 60
    TM Spider Tour

Money List Winner

Golf Bytheminute podcast with Lawrence Donegan (formally of LLoyd Cole and the Commotions and now a golf writer) and John Huggan. https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport...medium=twitter plus you should find it on itunes.

The production values are not the best but both Lawrence and John are always worth listening to. Plus they get some pretty good guests in. And on the last few they start the show with some Sigur Ros. What's not to like?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Golf Bytheminute podcast with Lawrence Donegan (formally of LLoyd Cole and the Commotions and now a golf writer) and John Huggan. https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport...medium=twitter plus you should find it on itunes.

The production values are not the best but both Lawrence and John are always worth listening to. Plus they get some pretty good guests in. And on the last few they start the show with some Sigur Ros. What's not to like?
    The Denis Pugh podcast was really great.

Donegan was also in The Bluebells (Young at Heart), as well as being the author of a number of interesting books including Four Iron in the Soul, about caddying for Ross Drummond.

Lloyd Cole was recently on the State of the Game podcast, the other one I suggested.
    All comments are just my opinion - I haven't been elected to represent anyone!

In the bag:
    Callaway Epic 10.5, HZRDUS Black 6.0
    Callaway Epic SZ 15, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Callaway Epic 3 hybrid, Recoil S
    Callaway Apex CF16, 4-P, Modus 105 S
    Vokey 50, 56, 60
    TM Spider Tour

ByTheMin with Lawrence Donegan and John Huggan

This podcast is great thanks for sharing

Head Pro

Thanks guys. John Duggan is well-respected as is Geoff Shackleford who I follow on Twitter. Another podcast of note for me is "A Good Talk Spoiled" who cover playing golf, talk to respected players/coaches, cover off the latest equipment and the professional game / betting http://agoodtalkspoiled.podbean.com/

Tour Rookie

I know it's a bit route 1, but I quite enjoy the 'road to dubai' podcast from the european tour site. Rob Lee and various co-hosts are pretty cheerful and do a good job of wandering through the various tour bits and bobs on a monday morning.

I used to listen to an american one (golf smarter) which did quite detailed discussions about technique and the course planning/game management side of the game. The interviewees were pretty good, but the guy who presented was very hard work for me. Gave him up in the end.

Will give these others a road (rail) test at some point next week.

(of course, you can't beat guardian football weekly, but that's a whole different kettle of fish).

Golf Weekly, Irish podcast from www.newstalk.ie

Good crack, they're funny guys.
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

www.wlgc.co.uk

Medal Winner

Big fan of A Good Talk Spoiled, the European Tour one, William Hill Golf and Golf Weekly.

Have now listened to By The Min after seeing it in a previous post and really like that one now too!

Challenge Tour Pro

Some really interesting interviews on the Your Best Golf podcast from BirdeBank.com, its on iTunes as well