Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Re: Good luck this weekend- ONLY post here if you buffer or less this weekend!

Received my first ever senior handicap of 14 last week and entered my first ever competition yesterday. I started poorly but then came into my own shooting 39 points which was good enough for a cut of 0.3 and second place. Chuffed to bits and even managed a 2 for a few quid. Bonus!
    Nike Covert VRS 10.5 | Titleist 910Fd 15 | Callaway X Series 3 Hybrid | Callaway X-20 4-PW | Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges 52-56-60 | TaylorMade DaddyLongLegs | Titlesit ProV1

14.0, 13.7, ​13.8, 13.8, 13.8, 13.8, 13.8, 13.8, 13.9, ​13.9, 13.9.

Assistant Pro

First post been reading for little while.

Had second cut of the season in my 5th comp down to 15.3 from 18 after finishing 4th in a bogey comp with +4.

Chuffed with the cut but thought +4 might have been enough to sneak the win in the 1st big one of the summer.

Assistant Pro

Dropped .9 after coming second in our 36 hole comp yesterday. Shot a gross 91 net 75 am and gross 87 net 71 pm. Two five hour round in blistering sunshine. I can now hardly move this morning. But worth it.
    Driver - Taylormade r1
    3 Wood - Taylormade rocketballz
    irons - Ping S56
    putter - Yes

Played a game at Epsom with my mate yesterday. Out in a very tidy +3 front nine and birdie on 11 put me back to +2 (and I was +3 on the par threes alone). Gave away a few shots coming in but still a 78 (par is 69) and so well under handicap without feeling I hit it that well. With the good round (39 points) in the roll up at Ascot on Saturday dare I say Homer has found some form! Bring on the comp next week

Shot 69 for win and a trophy. Quite a contrast to recent rubbish. Luckily managed to keep it in the fairway (mostly) as the recent wet weather has meant our rough looks likes rain forest. Nearly called the Coastguard a couple of times to find folk...
    Taylormade M1 12° Fujikura Pro 56s - Taylormade M2 16.5° TM REAX 55r - Taylormade M2 Hybrid 19° - Ping G Crossover 4 - Titleist 695MB's - Vokey SM6 56° S-Grind, SM6 60° M-Grind - Odyssey Works V-Line Fang thingy - ProV1x - Hcp: 2

Journeyman Pro

I played very well this weekend, the culmination of a period of 3 months of hard work on my swing. It was by far my best competition round - good job it was a stableford though as a blob on the 5th hole would have done serious damage to my medal score!

Should be a decent handicap coming my way, and quite likely a board competition win too. I've been constantly refreshing howdidido all morning in anticipation.
    Handicap: 12

I shot a 94 one over handicap and came 12th in our comp. A little bit gutted as I had about 15 2 putts, some of which i.e. about 7 of them should've been 1 putts.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeplayer View Post
    Results not posted yet but 75 blows for 40 pts should see a cut coming , well it will, im sure of that , it was off our blue medal tees so css should be 36 or 37 at worst .. 37 will see a .6 cut to 6.4 , 36 will be .8 to 6.2 ...

either way once its 36 or 37 it will be new lowest handicap ever for me .. chuffed even if bogeys on 16 & 18 took a bit of the gloss off what could have been

Well it was 37 pts css , so got cut .6 down to 6.4 . so off 6 for the first time ever .. played today in an away game and will be getting .1 back so short lived 6 handicapper

on the plus side my 40 pts was good enough for a win in the comp aNd max points in OOM..

All in all a good weekend
    Golf... A simple game played by complicated people ...

Gross 79, net 68...However, could be rain stopped comp score..Fingers crossed

I reckon Hillside would have been reductions only so I'm going to say buffer....
    Handicap 5.5
    Driver: TM M1 10.5* Ozik Black Tie stiff
    3 Wood:TM M1 15* Ozik Black Tie stiff
    Hybrid: TM M1 19* Ozik Red Tie stiff
    1/3 Irons: Mizuno MP H5
    Irons Mizuno JPX 825 Pro
    Wedges: Callaway 50, 54, 58
    Putter: ORKA custom made

member at:
    http://www.centurionclub.co.uk/
    http://www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.co.uk/courses

https://www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2016