Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Protrolley Remote Contol - brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    not for me - see to many folk with them strolling about with smug look on face as if they owned the world.
    Is smug in the eye of the beholder? For me it's as good as having a deaf mute caddy and, yes, you can stroll down the fairway with your hands in your pockets because YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUSH THE TROLLEY, that's the whole idea. Why more folks don't use them I don't know.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Oban Devotion 6 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)

RIP Protrollrey. My beloved remote control trolley is dead. Yesterday I had a lot of trouble switching it on & probably needed a new control unit for the handle. Having eventually got it switched on I parked it while I went for a coffee, not daring to switch it off. When I got back to it smoke was pouring from one of the motors, which I had to extinguish with one of the shoe cleaning airlines.

Worst thing is that the only company importing them into the UK has gone out of business. There are other remote control trolleys available but all seem to have reliability issues & the Motocaddy, the only established make, is £800. So I'm off to buy a Gokart Auto today. Next best thing but I'll really miss strolling down the fairway, hands in pockets & navigating around the white lines they put around the greens in the winter.

An outpouring of sympathy would be greatly appreciated.
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball

In actual fact, I didn't buy a GoKart. I had a quick look at Ebay & found an identical one to mine, only used three times, for the price of the Lithium battery it included. Then, an engineering genius who worked at my local range (no longer, unfortunately) tracked down some spare parts & repaired the original, which has spent the last 2 years & 9months in the loft.

Yesterday, my trolley wouldn't work, one of the motors has failed. I took the original out of the loft, installed the battery, & it wouldn't switch on, despite working perfectly when I put it away.

So, on Monday, I'm off to see a friend, who is Motocaddy dealer, to buy a new or used Motocaddy remote. He will also be able to make one functioning trolley from the two I've got which I'll sell, together with a practically full set of spares!

I must have a remote. I hired an electric trolley from the pro yesterday & hated having to keep my hand on it for most of the round. Still can't understand why more people don't like remotes.

Anyone want to buy a Protrolley?
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball

Or if you're fit and able, you could carry your bag and keep your hands in your pockets
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Or if you're fit and able, you could carry your bag and keep your hands in your pockets
    Non starter. Bad neck, can't carry.
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball

Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    In actual fact, I didn't buy a GoKart. I had a quick look at Ebay & found an identical one to mine, only used three times, for the price of the Lithium battery it included. Then, an engineering genius who worked at my local range (no longer, unfortunately) tracked down some spare parts & repaired the original, which has spent the last 2 years & 9months in the loft.

Yesterday, my trolley wouldn't work, one of the motors has failed. I took the original out of the loft, installed the battery, & it wouldn't switch on, despite working perfectly when I put it away.

So, on Monday, I'm off to see a friend, who is Motocaddy dealer, to buy a new or used Motocaddy remote. He will also be able to make one functioning trolley from the two I've got which I'll sell, together with a practically full set of spares!

I must have a remote. I hired an electric trolley from the pro yesterday & hated having to keep my hand on it for most of the round. Still can't understand why more people don't like remotes.

Anyone want to buy a Protrolley?
    Have you seen the advert with the wee boy using the wrong remote control , opening and closing the garage door onto his dads expensive sports car.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9

I have a standard GoKart and I like it for its simplicity. I just want a trolley to carry my clubs reliably without all the whistles and bells.
    For me the remote control units are just too complex with extra things to go wrong (remotes, extra motors, sensors, etc.)
    I'm glad you enjoy yours but for me its more than I need or want.

Assistant Pro

I had a look at them when I was buying my trolley and I thought I'd look like a tit with it, I went for a cheapo from amazon and its great only £220 delivered brand new called an offmetrolley has 3 buttons to go its self for 10.20.30 meters then stops and I can get 3 rounds without charging battery (never tried a forth)
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Further update. I decided to have both trolleys repaired & they were duly returned to me yesterday. "Just give them a try" said my repair man friend. The one which previously wouldn't switch on wouldn't switch on, despite having worked perfectly on test. The other one, which would only go around in circles, lasted 6½ holes this morning then recommended circling. I had to walk in from the monthly medal. I was 12 over after 6 so I think that'll be another .1 back.

Don't know what to do now, I really want a remote.
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball

I have taken the plunge & bought a pre owned Motocaddy S7 remote from Motocaddy with a 12 month warranty. It was £300 less than the rrp of a new one.
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball