Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 1,421 to 1,425 of 1425

Re: So what are you listening to at the moment?

Cobra Bio Cell 9.5 Project X PXv graphite shaft - Stiff flex.
    TM R11 Hybrid 18, Aldila RIP Reg Shaft.
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood. (Go to club).
    TM R11's 4 - SW Regular steel.
    TM R11 50 Attack Wedge.
    Titleist
    Vokey Spin Milled 60 Lob Wedge.
    Scotty Cameron
    Studio Select Fastback No. 1.5.
    Loads & loads of golf balls.
    15,799 Swing thoughts. Rules book. 7 year old lucky tee peg (Broken).
    Hope............lots of hope.

Been decorating the kitchen yesterday so spent the day listening to Aussie Pink Floyd as I'm going to see them in a few weeks, must say they are pretty good maybe the singer who was doing the Rodger Walters songs was the only let down.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    Been decorating the kitchen yesterday so spent the day listening to Aussie Pink Floyd as I'm going to see them in a few weeks, must say they are pretty good maybe the singer who was doing the Rodger Walters songs was the only let down.
    This may be a stupid question but why not listen to the originals? Surely the intention of these tribute bands is to sound exactly like the originals. I can sort of see the attraction in seeing tribute bands live if there is no way you can see the originals, but struggle to see why you would listen to a tribute band trying to do perfect copies of the original, when you can just listen to the originals instead. Or have I missed something, do the tribute bands do their own songs based on the style of the originals?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    This may be a stupid question but why not listen to the originals? Surely the intention of these tribute bands is to sound exactly like the originals. I can sort of see the attraction in seeing tribute bands live if there is no way you can see the originals, but struggle to see why you would listen to a tribute band trying to do perfect copies of the original, when you can just listen to the originals instead. Or have I missed something, do the tribute bands do their own songs based on the style of the originals?
    Not normally a fan of tribute bands, saw a Fleetwood Mac one a few years ago and they were that poor I nearly walked out, seeing as I got tickets to see them and they apparently are that good I wanted to hear them.

Agree with you that listening to the originals is best but I googled a track on my iPad and as I was busy painting just let the tracks keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Aussie Pink Floyd are brilliant and its a full stage show a la Floyd. Granted the voices are different but the musicianship is brilliant and authentic to the original