Golf Monthly Forums

Golf_monthly

Navigation

US Masters 2014
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Using a stand bag with a trolley

So I recently started playing golf on various council owned courses along with my Dad and his friend. Both have got golf trolleys and I have just been carrying my bag around. It's a stand bag and quite bulky. I decided to buy a cheap golf trolley because of the obvious benefit of moving about, not get tired fast etc etc. Anyway my bag fits quite well onto the trolley but needs tightened regularly to stop the bag rotating and potentially capsizing the trolley. I really, really don't think my girlfriend will cope if I spend even more money so soon on my new hobby. Basically what I want is a general consensus if a) it's feasible to use my stand bag with a trolley and b) if I'm going to look a prize pillock strolling about with the bag on a trolley.
    If anyone has discovered any techniques to persuade the other half that golf gear really is a great investment then those are also welcome

Tour Winner

Re: Using a stand bag with a trolley

I use all my bags on my trolley at times, and 3 are definitely not trolley bags. The secret is to establish the best way each sits on the trolley, and this is best done at home patiently rather than in the carpark. You may find straps, or bungees, necessary either in addition or as well as your trolley's arrangement.

As regards this particular investment - it's the only simple sale I know. Just point out that your bag doesn't fit your trolley and that you need her to carry the bag......
    some white sticks,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

As long as you tie the straps up tight enough then a stand bag will sit on a trolley no problem. Just check the straps after each hole.

I put my stand bag on a trolley for comps. I don't care what they think. If they want a laugh, watch my swing. :P
    Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* (Aldila RIP'D NV Stiff)
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Fairway 15* (Stiff)
    Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* (Stiff)
    Mizuno MP 52 5-PW (S300)
    Mizuno MP T-11 52*
    Titleist SM4 58*
    Odyssey White Ice #2
    Titleist ProV1x
    Nikon Coolshot
    Handicap 2014: 12.1>10.7

I've never had a trolley that doesn't need to be tightened up every 6 or so holes and if have very good trolleys, just think of all that weight that them tiny little straps have to deal with. It's just one of those things
    Or
    Just do what I do and buy a bit of new kit and don't tell her after a while she won't even look at your kit because she's fed up with ll your rambling about the day golf you have played.
    Big Bertha
    Mizuno jpx800 3 wood
    Tm rbz stage 2, 4wood
    Mizuno mp58 4-pw
    Vokey 52, 56, 60
    Oddyssey versa

HCP: 12.2

FOLLOW me on twitter @Golfdub

www.wrothamheathgolfclub.co.uk

This has been a right pain for years and why dont the bag manufacturers take note

With sudden trolley bans etc we need to be able to use stand / carry bags on trolleys

Personally the first company to make a decent trolley ( push ) that takes standbags with some thought or bag maker that designs it to fit trolleys they have a great seller

Some bags have dabbled, Mizuno Twister, Titleist current model etc etc

But to answer your question stand bags on trolleys are very well accepted and quite normal unless you are very old / or medical reason and use a huge cart bag and leccy trolley because you are unable to carry

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post

Personally the first company to make a decent trolley ( push ) that takes standbags with some thought or bag maker that designs it to fit trolleys they have a great seller
    y
    the clickgear handles just about anything....
    some white sticks,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

So long as I'm not going to look like I'm crazy! I would try to get away with buying a new one and telling the other half I haven't spent much but she has to take delivery of my new 3 wood and hybrid tomorrow so she might see through that one!!

In truth I've never actually noticed what kind of bags people have on trolleys, I bet now I've asked this everyone I see will have a stand bag on their trolleys. Thanks for the replies guys, reassured me I can safely venture to the course without looking like a tool. At least until the first tee.

Cheape trolleys don't tend to handle any bag that well without having the straps really really tight. I have used stand and cart bags on my cheap pull trolley and both types have rotated when the straps got loose.
    HC 2014: 15.4>15.5>15.6>15.7>15.8

Cobra Amp Cell Red: 10.5
    Cobra Amp Cell Red: 3/4W
    MD 21 & 24* Seve Icon hybrids
    Wilson Ci11 5-PW
    MD 48, 52 & 56*
    Mizuno T102
    Wilson FG Tour Balls
    In a MD Deluxe cart bag riding on a Gokart

Pooba po po bagpipes

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    This has been a right pain for years and why dont the bag manufacturers take not
    With sudden trolley bans etc we need to be able to use stand / carry bags on trolleys
    Personally the first company to make a decent trolley ( push ) that takes standbags with some thought or bag maker that designs it to fit trolleys they have a great sell
    Some bags have dabbled, Mizuno Twister, Titleist current model etc etc
    But to answer your question stand bags on trolleys are very well accepted and quite normal unless you are very old / or medical reason and use a huge cart bag and leccy trolley because you are
    unable to carry
    Motocaddy have just launched a hybrid stand/cart bag.
    Currently in the Bag
    R11s UST Gold
    R11s 4 Wood
    RBZ Stage 2 Rescue
    TM TP CB
    Cleveland Wedges
    Spider Ghost
    Pro V1

H/cap. 11.2 Rapidly risen 12.2

The York (strensall) Golf Club

HFH Challenge 2014:
    ALEX1975
    DRAWBOY

A lot of the newer stand bag, have been made trolly friendly. But not cheap!
    North Manchester G.C.