Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

it was the attitude of the manager, and the complete lack of customer care that annoyed me, more than their returns policy to be honest

Yes that is very poor.

If it was my shop I would have accepted the clubs back and given you a voucher or store credit.

Would have shown you that they were willing to bend their rules and you wouldn't have been left with a set of clubs you don't want.

Short term view by the shop.

Just a pity that you didn't buy on-line
    Cobra King F6 10.5* regular
    Cobra King F6 14.5* 3 wood
    Callaway XR 5 Wood Project X
    Callaway XR 22* 4hybrid Project X
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 5 Iron Orochi Red Eye
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 6 Iron Orochi Red Eye
    Adams Blue 7-PW regular
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB Black Pearl 48/52/56 Wedges
    Bettinardi Kutcher Model 1 Putter
    Bridgestone, Callaway, Nike, Srixon, TM, Titleist, Vice, Wilson balls
    Motocaddy S1 Lite & bag

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SAPCOR1 View Post
    Uj

The annoying thing is if you had bought them on line then they would have had to accept your return and issue a refund.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, they sold you the clubs in good faith and you were happy to conclude the transaction and hand over your cash. It's not their fault you found something more to your liking after the purchase.
    Also shops are inundated with returns that have allegedly never been worn , used, played etc etc. And they know in most cases they have. Not saying this was the case here but you can understand why some shops are sceptical when people return things that are not faulty and were fine when the person bought them.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by caty1144 View Post
    bought a package set of clubs from this place, but later sourced a set i liked more online. So i took the clubs back looking for a refund (they had never been used) Was promptly talked down to by the manager and given an inquisition about where i'd bought the new set of clubs from, including why i thought they were better than the set i'd bough from golf depot ! Extremely rude manger who seems to have forgotten about customer service ! Needless to say I didnt get my money back, as they have a no returns policy ! If in Chester avoid these cowboys at all costs !
    I can't see why you should get your money back, nor what the shop has done wrong. You bought a set which you later decided you didn't like - TOUGH!

As to them not having a returns policy... I suggest you read section 5 in their Returns Policy - well bless my soul, they do have a Returns Policy.

They do offer a credit note for an unused product, not a refund - its in black and white in their RETURNS POLICY, which you say they have not got! This is over and above your statutory rights and is a good faith offer to try and meet the customer half way.

Sorry, not impressed with your complaint(whinging whine) one little bit.
    Give it big humpties

Seems very sad that post 2 is a massive whinge and to be honest the whole thing seems a bit farcical in terms of you buying something you seemingly wanted to buy and then decide to return because you then find something cheaper later on. Perhaps your own attitude demanding a refund didn't help especially if you used the same tone as you have on here

Just posted afresh thread on Golf Depot - and then saw this. i am out of pocket for a pair of shoes that i posted back and they want me to produce proof of delivery. they were posted Royal mail with the original order in package and this was after i asked how to send back and if they arrange or me - the 5 word answer saying "post to below address" and me not getting recorded delivery seems to give them open season to put the onus of receipt on me. In 46 years i have never had a package not turn up - maybe it didn't but i doubt it very much!

If you all want a laugh... check out some of the Google reviews for Chester Golf Depot. In particular, the managers responses to unhappy customers. Absolutely hideous customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaldo_2012 View Post
    If you all want a laugh... check out some of the Google reviews for Chester Golf Depot. In particular, the managers responses to unhappy customers. Absolutely hideous customer service!
    The guy who took his chipper to the driving range is a highlight of mine

Tour Winner

bloody hell. the managers responses are dreadful. funny too

Why would anyone want to buy anything from them? Reading the replies from the owner is shocking and surprised nobody has thumped him yet for the way he has treated customers!
    HCP: 16.4 after end of season review! www.ashtonleagolfclub.co.uk