Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Assistant Pro

Re: Good & Bad sites/shops - a review.

I'd like to add that I had a bad experience with 118Golf last year. They are listed in the BAD list on page one.

I'd never use them again no matter what prices they advertised.
    Cobra Fly Z driver
    Cobra Fly Z 5 wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 hybrids
    Titleist 714 AP1 - 6 to PW
    Vokey 48 , 54 & 60 wedges
    Odyssey Dart putter

Callaway Supersoft / Chrome soft balls

HC ..... 8.0

Head Pro

Big thumbs up for click golf bought 2 Cleveland 588 forged wedges for 45 quid each and delivered with 3days

Bought some Ecco shoes from http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk and a Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 hybrid from http://golfdepot.co.uk last week.

Both items came via free next day postage - top class service

I follow Steve from Skycaddie on Twitter and he is alerting everyone that Golfspin in NOT an authorised Skycaddie distributor.

It would seem that this company along with other names it has used such as Golfgps, thecaddy.co.uk and Painswick Golf Club Professional have all traded out of Painswick Gloucestershire and import direct from America and have surfaced again quite aggressively and are at the top of a lot of searches pushing new models of GPS very cheaply!

Whilst that is not illegal, you are only covered by the UK Sales of Good Act which is no good if he (I believe Marc Cotterell) were to close down (liquidate) and set up again under a new limited company name, in that case you would have no manufacturers warranty to fall back on as they are deemed as 'Grey Goods' and not distributed via an authorised UK dealership!

If you sent anything back to them, it is unlikely they would return the goods to the USA and if they did, it would most certainly fall outside of what is deemed to be a 'reasonable amount of time', so with that said, and with what I have read elsewhere, this company does not operate well within our UK laws of sales.

I have done a search on other boards and it seems there is a lot of history of poor service, no refunds, avoidance and the list goes on, we have all just recently seen this behaviour with another company unfortunately, so, as Steve and we all say to ourselves, 'if it looks too good to be true, it generally isn't!'

You've been warned.

Would like to a add a positive post regarding County Golf. I placed an order with them back in May for some golf shirts. The items were shipped next day and received ok. However one of the shirts was a tad on the small size so returned it. Unfortunately our friends at Royal mail failed to deliver it back to County Golf and tried themselves to locate where it was. Stupidly I had washed my receipt from the post office (so I can put in a claim) and after I explained the matter to the retailer they have shipped out a new shirt today in a bigger size with no extra cost. They did not need to do this as it was not their fault. Its good to see some companies do go that bit extra to help the customer even if it means them being out of pocket too.
    HCP: now 18 and climbing www.ashtonleagolfclub.co.uk

Ordered an item from Direct Golf just before 2pm yesterday and paid standard delivery of 2.99 for 3-5 days delivery.
    Item arrived today.

Pretty impressed!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt