Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Good & Bad sites/shops - a review.

Used Thegolfshoponline.co.uk (https://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk/ ) for the first time on Friday.

Ordered 2doz x Wilson Staff DX3s (2012 version) + a Mizuno JPX glove for 31 all in. Took delivery of them this morning.

Cracking service, well pleased!
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag

(Driver) Taylormade Aeroburner 12deg
    (3-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 15deg
    (5-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 18deg
    (Hybrid) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21deg
    (Irons) PING Karsten 5-SW Green Dot, PING Tour 58deg
    (Putter) PING Sigma G Tyne
    (Balls) Taylormade RBZ Stage2

Can't look much further than Snainton Golf - always had great experience with them - especially for my last order.

Ordered some balls and a pair of shoes that were in the sale. Received a phone call to tell me that the shoes had unfortunately been unavailable and offered me the next one up in the range for the same price - great service and always fast delivery when I've ordered from them before. Would definitely recommend

(PS - I have no affiliation to Snainton etc)

One for the bad pile. JL Golf on eBay (Loisonly I think is the username). Ordered some grips from them (normally use Gamola but their lack of stock is alarming at the minute) so ordered from this lot as the price was fairly similar with exception that postage was more expensive.
    Anyway, ordered these last Friday, paying for 1st class delivery (as advertised) and still nothing. Emailed twice today to ask what is going on and zero response. I even offered to pay extra for recorded delivery if he would resend, still nothing.

Avoid, Avoid....

Edit to update as just had a reply from them: I quote "Please do not be concerned. This will be resolved if they do not arrive".

Ok not sure which part of "these haven't arrived" he isn't grasping. And he also doesn't expand on HOW it will be resolved.
    Some people just have no idea of how to run a business...

As above, Avoid, Avoid!
    Last edited by GreiginFife; 16-May-2013 at 17:58.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Anyone used these before?

http://www.european-golf-online.com/

Any help appreciated.
    Driver - 10.5* Cobra AMP Ltd Edition ORANGE one
    3 Wood - 16* Cobra T-Rail
    3 Hybrid - 21* Wilson Staff Fybrid
    Irons - 4-SW Wilson Di9 Irons - Steel Reg
    Wedges - 60* MD Golf NV Drew - Low Bounce
    Putter - Taylormade Classic est. 79 Sebring Model - 33" long
    Ball - Whatever's in the bag
    Bag - Nike M9 Cart Bag
    Trolley - Motocaddy S3 Lite
    Directed by a GolfBuddy Voice
    Playing at - http://www.club-noticeboard.co.uk/becclesgc/

Handicap - 14.3 (14) Lowest yet!!!

Big thumbs up for Snainton. Again, first class service.
    Ordered bag 9pm Monday, delivered 1pm Wednesday.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Thumbs up for Golf Base - good prices and quick delivery - very happy!

Currently a thumbs-down for Online Golf, although it may change to a thumbs-up if they can get their finger out their pie-hole and get my new bag shipped. Ordered it on Monday morning at 830am, still showing 'Awaiting dispatch' for the order status in my account page.

Have spoken on the live chat with an advisor who says it will 'probably' be despatched today - can't give me a definitive - and then 3-7 working days for delivery after dispatch, so I could be looking at 2 weeks from the original order to fulfilment! I've used OG before, and its never been this slow, even with the free standard shipping.

Should have pricematched it elsewhere; I'd have had it by now.
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag

Quote Originally Posted by BrizoH71 View Post
    Currently a thumbs-down for Online Golf, although it may change to a thumbs-up if they can get their finger out their pie-hole and get my new bag shipped. Ordered it on Monday morning at 830am, still showing 'Awaiting dispatch' for the order status in my account page.

Have spoken on the live chat with an advisor who says it will 'probably' be despatched today - can't give me a definitive - and then 3-7 working days for delivery after dispatch, so I could be looking at 2 weeks from the original order to fulfilment! I've used OG before, and its never been this slow, even with the free standard shipping.

Should have pricematched it elsewhere; I'd have had it by now.
    Not to be confused with Golf Online, who I use quite a bit and are great. I always have to look at both websites to see which one looks familiar as I never remember which is the one I use!!

Ordered a pair of Callaway Chev Comfort shoes from European Golf Online (http://www.european-golf-online.com/ ) on Monday morning past. As of now, they have still yet to be despatched. According to their website, the standard delivery should take 3-4 days, so going on that timescale I should be receiving them today and be wearing them tomorrow on the course...

Clearly, that's not going to be the case. I'm sure I'll get them though, I just don't know when.

Having phoned yesterday to enquire about the progress of my order, I was supposed to receive a callback at 3pm. I'm still waiting for that too... an email has been sent, lets see if they answer it.

Prices are fairly good, but based on my experience their customer service and delivery times are much less so. One for the avoid pile I'm afraid.
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag

Quote Originally Posted by BrizoH71 View Post
    Ordered a pair of Callaway Chev Comfort shoes from European Golf Online (http://www.european-golf-online.com/ ) on Monday morning past. As of now, they have still yet to be despatched. According to their website, the standard delivery should take 3-4 days, so going on that timescale I should be receiving them today and be wearing them tomorrow on the course...

Clearly, that's not going to be the case. I'm sure I'll get them though, I just don't know when.

Having phoned yesterday to enquire about the progress of my order, I was supposed to receive a callback at 3pm. I'm still waiting for that too... an email has been sent, lets see if they answer it.

Prices are fairly good, but based on my experience their customer service and delivery times are much less so. One for the avoid pile I'm afraid.
    I've since sent an email this morning stating my displeasure and a request to cancel the order. To EGO's credit, they have got back to me within an hour with a full refund, plus an additional account credit to spend with them at a later date.

Their explanation for the lack of service is that their internet team is chronically understaffed just now (can happen to any business), and the shoes' stock level is incorrect. A profuse apology has been given by EGO, so I'll amend my past review to 'use with caution' and give them the benefit of the doubt for now, rather than a blanket 'avoid'.
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag